Health and Safety Advisor required to join a well-established and ever expanding charitable organisation based in Woking.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that makes a difference to the world. As the Health and Safety Advisor, you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment, with an opportunity to progress and most of all; develop your career within Health and Safety.
The Health and Safety Advisor will ideally be based in or around the Woking area with travel to 6 sites as far north as Ripley and as far south as Exeter.
The appointed individual will be responsible for:
- Providing support, advice and guidance to ensure volunteers and employees comply with legislation.
- Working with the Head of departments and other teams to ensure the safety of visitors and staff at events and that any risks posed by the activities of the organisation or its contractors are controlled to an acceptable level
- Working with the Head of Health and Safety to develop and deliver the health and safety training programme to achieve a common standard of health and safety induction, core training, management and competency
- Assisting the Head of Health and Safety in liaising with the organisations insurers on risk reduction strategies and liability claims
- Providing reports as required by the key stakeholders to ensure improvement actions are implemented in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate (NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ level 5 in Occupational H&S with Grad IOSH status is desirable).
- Multi-site experience
- Experience working within the Charity / Retail / Leisure / Education sectors
- The ability to assist in the development and implementation of effective strategies, policies and procedures.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Health & Safety Advisor for a medium or large sized multi-site organisation
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £40,000 + benefits package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.