Health and Safety Advisor to join a well-established Social Housing organisation based in Sunderland.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an ever expanding organisation. As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to progress and most of all; develop your career within Health and Safety. The successful Health and Safety Advisor will ideally be based in Sunderland with occasional travel across their housing stock in the North East.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is an opportunity to work for a leading Social Housing organisation who are offering an extremely diverse role and who are passionate about supporting their staff’s development.
As the Health and Safety Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Driving awareness of Health & Safety among all staff and contractors over a wide range of activities which includes facilities management, property repairs & maintenance, new build construction, supported housing, property management, amongst others
- Carrying out inspections, audits and risk assessments in our offices, support projects, maintenance, refurbishment and construction sites as well as reviewing contractors’ on site health and safety performance
- Paying particular attention to safe working methods, fire safety, gas, mechanical and electrical safety, legionella and asbestos
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Health and Safety experience within Social Housing, FM, M&E or Building Services (Open to other relevant backgrounds within a multi-disciplined organisation
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of property related safety matters including gas safety, mechanical and electrical, fire safety, legionella and asbestos
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £34,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.