Health and Safety Advisor to join a well-established Education organisation based in the East Midlands.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a multi-disciplined organisation in which no two days are the same. You will be part of a cohesive team environment that is exposed to a wide array of risks.
As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be responsible for carrying out a range of operational health and safety work across a wide variety of education facilities that are ever changing and expanding.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that is in the process of expanding its current facilities, reviewing the basis in which they work and ultimately this role will have an input in to the implementation of the new Health and Safety Strategy for the education organisation.
- This organisation offers a diverse role with a variety of multisite travel (as of when needed) with an opportunity to progress your skill set and qualifications.
As the Health and Safety Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Health and Safety Manager in the delivery of activities and initiatives designed to improve health and safety management throughout the organisation
- Assisting in the delivery of activities and initiatives designed to improve health and safety management throughout
- Developing and delivering health and safety training across a wide variety of subjects to managers, employees and students throughout the university
- Supporting the Safety, Health & Environment Manager with the co-ordination, development and delivery of the organisations chosen health and safety audit programme
- Leading on, co-ordinating, developing and delivering health and safety awareness programmes and campaigns throughout the organisations
- Taking the lead on the development and production of traditional and digital health and safety guidance and information for use throughout the organisation
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate (Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety qualification is highly desirable)
- Possess a working knowledge of agile working in practice
- Have operational Health and Safety experience within a multi-disciplined organisation.
- Have auditing experience (Auditor qualifications highly desirable)
- Possess H&S training experience (relevant qualifications desirable)
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.