Health and Safety Advisor - £35,135 - £38,051
We are recruiting a Health and Safety Advisor of behalf of one of the UK’s most diverse Universities. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented safety professional looking to make a difference. You will have the rare chance to work within this forward-thinking organisation where no two days are the same.
As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment, with the chance to develop within a wide variety of areas within the best modern University in London in major league tables. The successful candidate will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel to the 6 sites within close proximity.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for University of Roehampton who are well respected in their space and have recently expanded. They boast outstanding facilities that give you the feel of being in the country-side whilst working in the London area. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Health and Safety Advisor will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of Health and Safety policy and procedures and the provision of information and training to University employees and students.
- Supporting the Head of Health and Safety with the collation and analysis of the Health and Safety performance management data, and preparation of management reports.
- Developing a positive Health and Safety culture within an organisation
- Supporting relevant department with workstation risk assessments, return to work risk assessments and new and expected mothers risk assessments and liaise with the University Occupational Health Service provider where necessary.
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent with an ability to retain Graduate Membership status through IOSH. (Ideally qualified up to a degree level)
- Possess the ability to work autonomously and deputise for the Head of Health and Safety.
- Have demonstrable experience working within a multi-disciplined organisation.
- Be a solution focussed practitioner with a passion about influencing positive Safety culture.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £38,051 plus 38 days leave (including bank holidays and 4 closure days), an exceptional pension scheme and CPD budget on offer.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.