Health and Safety Advisor – Home based - £30,000 - £40,000 + £4,000 Car Allowance + CPD + Benefits
Principal People have been retained by a key client to seek a Health and Safety Advisor to add value to their multidisciplinary consultancy.
You will be a full-time and permanent employee of the growing company, who have grown considerably in the last 5 years.
The company have a substantial foothold in the property and construction markets, but also offer services to other corporate and private sector SMEs.
This role will be home based, spending 4 days of the week travelling in between client sites and 1 day report writing from home.
The role will report in to the commercial manager, with a dotted line in to the Managing Director of the business.
The appointed Health and Safety Advisor will be:
- Initially inducted in to the company to learn the processes, service offerings and values of the business
- You will initially shadow some of the company’s other employees to understand your role in more detail and to help you feel comfortable during your integration in to the business
- The company will then begin to allocate you your own clients, that you will be in charge of communicating with, arranging visits and providing assistance to
- Depending on the need of the client, you will visit each client periodically to support them with; risk assessments, audits, management systems and other general health and safety advice
- You will be client facing for 4 days of the week and report writing for 1 day of the week
- Organising and arranging your own diary autonomously
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will:
- Hold a NEBOSH General / Construction Certificate as a minimum however ideally a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level Health & Safety qualification
- Construction site based experience is advantageous
- A team working and collaborative approach
- Client facing / customer service experience would be advantageous
- A positive and proactive approach to safety
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You will enjoy being part of a company that partners with a ‘paint palette’ of different clients in different industry sectors – giving you a fantastic sense of diversity every day
- The company truly value the partnerships with their clients, they are there to help and they take pride in their service. You will be part of a professional and proven organisation
- It is a great time to join the company as they bring on new clients, grow in numbers and have an exciting vision for the future – meaning future opportunities for anyone that comes in and goes above and beyond in their job role
- You will report in to a people-focused and transparent leader who empowers individuals with autonomy and puts you first