Currently looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join a Local Government organisation based in London.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to work within an unbelievably varied role that will ultimately develop and diversify your experience within Health and Safety.
As the Health and Safety and Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing the health and safety management system across all client bases that will include: acting as auditor for assessment/audits, producing action plans, preparing reports, monitoring progress etc.
- Development of documentation (Standard Procedures, bulletins, manual documents, intranet and website information, risk assessments etc.) that is accurate, up-to-date and fit for purpose
- Devising and delivering training (e.g. IOSH, Resilience, Stress, Manual Handling, Fire etc.) to a wide audience and assessing and evaluating the training provided.
- Providing a suitable advisory service to managers and staff including guidance on risk assessments and safe systems of work (in person, by phone, e-mail etc.)
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (will consider individuals with NEBOSH General Certificate with tangible experience and have started their Diploma)
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Local Authority, Education among other public sector run organisations)
- An outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner.
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning sector (PTLLS) qualification (desirable)
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £37,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.