Health and Safety Advisor – £280p/d to £300p/d (inside IR35) – 6 months - Local Gov / Property Management / Education / Consultancy
Principal People are pleased to be working with a prestigious Local Government organisation, looking to source an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to work with them on a contract basis.
The business is seeking support for a significant contract based near Ilford on a single site basis. While this contract is initially offered for a period of 6 months, there is significant scope for the successful Health and Safety Advisor to continue to provide support to the organisation as they go through a company restructure. To date, 100% of the organisations Health and Safety Advisors have been offered extensions.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Conducting risk assessments and audits
- Devising training programmes and delivering training where applicable
- Developing policies and procedures
- Attending regular health and safety meetings
- Ensuring compliance throughout the organisation
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will possess significant experience of providing advice to a diverse range of organisations on all aspects Health and Safety.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Possess 3 years’ experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Local Authority, Education among other public sector run organisations)
- Have an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly will be a solution focused practitioner
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a contract which may lead to ongoing work with the organisation in the future. If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to apply.