Health and Safety Advisor -£40k-46K plus car or car allowance (£4.2k) and package based near Birmingham
Principal People are thrilled to offer an excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety Advisor seeking a fresh opportunity with a sought-after employer who are passionate about professional development.
Working on a multiple site basis the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be working closely with all site teams covering sites within and surrounding Birmingham. Reporting directly into the Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for attending regular safety meetings, reporting into the management team and site inductions.
Having recently secured a high profile contract this market leading Civil Engineering contractor are looking to add to their established Health and Safety team. This position offers the opportunity for individuals the chance to progress with a management scheme which has been a terrific success previously.
Key responsibilities of this strategic and operational role include:
- Reviewing risk assessments and Method statements
- Carrying out regular audits and inspections
- Carrying out accident investigations and route course analysis
- Implementing initiatives
- Working to and adhere to company wide Health and Safety standards.
- Coordinating site inductions
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will hold:
- Experience within Civil Engineering, Utilities or Highways.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate/General Certificate or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong I.T Skills
Our client is open to seeing candidates with a varied level of experience of Health and Safety within Civil Engineering, Utilities or Highways.
In return the salary is £40-£46k + company car or car allowance (£4.2k) + 4% matched pension scheme + 28 days annual leave and Share scheme.