Principal People are thrilled to be recruiting an incredibly exciting role for a Health and Safety Advisor to join a world leading specialised Logistics organisation based in London.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, and extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for the health and safety on a day to day basis and when new projects arise, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety standards. In return our client can offer you the chance to put your own individual stamp on this role and career progression.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the Head of Health and Safety working with three other Health and Safety Advisors onsite.
Taking responsibility for the operational health and safety within the logistics organisation, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns regarding this. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working to continuously improve the Health and Safety culture and behaviours
- Reviewing and conducting risk assessments
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations.
- Maintaining ISO 14001 and 9001 international standards.
- Proving all employees with health and safety training and induction training
- Co-ordinate, monitor and ensure that risk assessments and safe systems of work are regularly reviewed and update.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with working with ISO 14001 or 9001 international standards although not essential
- Experience within a Logistics background or similar although not essential
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of £35,000 including; 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and employer pension contributions of up to 4% match.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.