Health and Safety Advisor – Logistics and Distribution - £35-£40k + Package.
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and varied role for a Health and Safety Advisor to join an incredibly successful organisation based in South Shields
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, high energy environment. This role is a great opportunity to have a hands-on approach to health and safety and will offer you the chance to work with a dedicated and committed workforce to encourage pro-active behaviours towards health and safety. In return, the client can offer excellent support and will endeavour to train and develop you to the best of your ability.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will report directly to the Director of Health and Safety and will be part of a large team dedicated to the SHEQ department.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Helping maintain the day to day health and safety on an operational basis across an incredibly busy, fast paced site, which can operate over 600 people on it.
- Interacting with the workforce to be pro-active towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations and carrying out training and inductions.
- Carrying out audits across the sites as and when needed and making sure the sites are adhering to the standards.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will hold:
- Experience within any of the following industries: logistics/distribution/transport/manufacturing
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Demonstrable experience in improving behaviours and improving the health and safety culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
With the opportunity to work for a business who truly value their staff and report into a Manager who cares about your development this is an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be