Health and Safety Advisor - Local Gov / Education - 3-6 months contract - £200 to 220 per day
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Health and Safety Advisor, you will be part of an organisation who is going through significant change, working in an unbelievably varied role that will ultimately develop and diversify your experience within Health and Safety and provide you a sense of challenge and job satisfaction. You will be the report into the Health and Safety Manager.
As the Health and Safety and Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out suitable inspections and audits across the Council, while producing user friendly action plans so that required improvements can be monitored and made.
- Working with and supporting all Departments to ensure they have robust health and safety arrangements in place. As such, will ensure there is a member of the Health and Safety Team present at each Directorate Health and Safety meeting whilst ensuring consistency in support.
- Writing complex reports, briefing notes, procedures and work instructions on operational issues, to reconcile/resolve conflicting issues or priorities and devising, evaluating and recommending solutions.
- To drive the health and safety agenda by providing information and leadership on health and safety topics to managers, head teachers and all levels of staff.
- Attending case studies and acting as a witness, in court or at public enquiries and other formal hearings if required.
The ideal Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety
- A Graduate Membership with IOSH (GradIOSH) or higher
- An outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused Approach.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a day rate of up to £220pd.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply or email email@example.com quoting to us today to express your interest.