I am currently looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join a leading Education organisation based in London.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be part of an organisation who is going through significant change within a role that has opportunity to work within an unbelievably varied Estates team with a range of different sites and staff under your remit. You will be the lead for day to day operations in Health and Safety within the Estates department and will deputise for the Senior Health and Safety Advisor when necessary.
As the Health and Safety and Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Provide the Director of H&S and the Director of Estates with a trusted source of professional expertise, advice and support in health and safety within facilities maintenance, accommodation, retail, catering, projects and construction works.
- Work with the Estates leadership team to create, monitor and update the Estates H&S management procedures to ensure they are effective, comprehensive and that compliance with H&S legal requirements is achieved.
- Undertake investigations into significant and potentially significant accidents, incidents and near misses in accordance with the University’s procedures.
- To drive the health and safety agenda by providing information and leadership on health and safety topics to managers, head teachers and all levels of staff.
- Deliver health and safety inductions, training and briefings, advise on health and safety competence issues and training requirements for staff and students.
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (Will consider candidates working towards this with extremely tangible experience)
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Entertainment Industry (TV, Theatre etc), Property Management, Property Development)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who can engage staff and increase Health and Safety buy within the Estates team.
- A problem-solving attitude and experience of working with senior teams to change culture is essential
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £45,500 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.