I am currently looking for a Health, Safety and Compliance Manager to join an Education organisation based near Twickenham. This is an excellent opportunity for a Health, Safety and Compliance professional looking for their first lead role within Health and Safety with the opportunity to make the role your own.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that truly value their employees and have a great flexible work approach. You will be part of a close-knit team environment with a family feel, they will give you a great deal of autonomy in how you want to manage the role. The role allows you to travel to 3 different schools all within the Twickenham area, this allows you to benefit from the variety that comes with a multi-site role without having to travel all over London area or UK.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a multipurpose role with both Health and Safety and property compliance responsibilities under your remit with the support from a team of 2 that will be reporting into you. The role has been newly created as the first internal practitioner so there is an opportunity to really put your stamp on how they manage Health, Safety and Compliance with a reporting line to the most senior individual within the organisation. You will have the opportunity to be part of a close-knit team who all go above and beyond to assist each other which is perfect to embed a strong and positive safety culture with the right solutioned focussed approach.
The Successful Health, Safety and Compliance Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing health and safety management systems including quality assurance and compliance with statutory requirements. Managing and co-ordinating audits, including liaison with external contractors, as required.
- Working with the Strategic Leadership Team to identify opportunities to reduce the organisations environmental impact. Advise and lead on accessibility upgrades.
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop action plans for the mitigation of those risks and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Ensuring risk assessments are completed in compliance with Health and Safety legislation, always acted upon, regularly updated, appropriately filed and historically accurate.
The ideal Health, Safety and Compliance Manager will have:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level 6 qualification within Occupational Health and Safety)
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity across multiple sites (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education and Care)
- Experience or an ability to manage Health and Safety and property compliance in an autonomous capacity
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who can build strong and positive working relationships and is a self-starter with presence to ensure implementation of H&S processes
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Compliance Manager will be offered a salary of up to £35,000 plus a really flexible working basis.
We have interview availability for next week. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.