Principal People are thrilled to be recruiting an incredibly exciting role for a Regional Health and Safety Environmental Advisor to join one of the UK’s largest companies within their sector covering North and West London.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, and extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for the health, safety and environment on a day to day basis and when new projects arise. In return our client can offer you the chance to put your own individual stamp on this role and career progression.
The successful Health and Safety Environmental Advisor will report directly to the Head of Health and Safety.
Taking responsibility for the operational health, safety and environmental issues for the South region. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Proving all employees with health and safety training and induction training
- Co-ordinate, monitor and ensure that risk assessments and safe systems of work are regularly reviewed and update.
- Supports Group Safety & Environment Manager and works closely with Senior Safety & Environment Advisor
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with employees at all levels and promote exceptional standards at all times
- Promotes and raises Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) awareness and culture across all locations
- Provides support and advice to all locations as required on all SHE related issues
- Carries out accident investigations and produces reports which identify causes and actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Analyses all accident data to identify trends and introduce safe controls where appropriate
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a SHE audits schedule
- Review / Produces risk assessments and all other SHE documentation as necessary
- Meets with suppliers / service providers when required to ensure they meet with company and legal requirements
- Organises and attends SHE committee meetings within business units
The successful Health and Safety Environmental Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience in improving safety performance onsite.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
In return, the successful Health and Safety Environmental Advisor will be offered a salary of £35,000-£40,000k depending on qualifications and experience, with a generous benefits package including; Company car, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays but also gets an added day holiday for your birthday, pension up to 5% match, 2X death in service.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.