I am currently looking for a practitioner to lead on Health and Safety for an organisation who give so much back to individuals throughout the UK.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation who are less focussed on their annual profits but more around the level of care and protection the give to those in need. As the lead for Health and Safety you will be exposed to a range of different care services that this organisation provides working with a variety of different councils and private sector organisations up and down the UK to help those in need. The role offers a great work life balance with an opportunity to work from home and travel to a range of sites throughout the UK on a 35-hour working week basis with up to 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays and more.
As the Health and Safety Lead your responsibilities will include:
- Continuously improving the organisational culture to embed Health and Safety, as part of the way they all work and to champion upskilling and awareness amongst managers to help empower them to lead and take responsibility for Health and Safety across the organisation.
- Leading on the development, implementation and enhancement of corporate Health and Safety systems and processes to ensure that these are consistent with our strategic objectives. Such systems must include a mix of training, audits, self-checks and blended learning methods which support organisational efficiency.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Real Estate and the Risk & Assurance Manager to ensure effective cross-functional working and development of action plans. To ensure that Health and Safety risks and Fire Safety risks with regard to property maintenance are addressed through transparent and validated improvement plans.
The ideal Health and Safety Lead will be/have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (A degree in the Occupational Health and Safety is highly desirable yet are open to NVQ/NCRQ routes)
- A Chartered Membership with IOSH (open to candidate awaiting their peer interviews / confirmation of CMIOSH status)
- Experience carrying out operational and strategic Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity with an ability to Lead from the front (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Charity, Care, Property Management and Education)
- An outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who can build strong and positive working relationships across multiple sites.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Lead will be offered a salary of up to £63,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.