Health and Safety Manager required to join a well-established Local Authority offering a varied working environment based in Suffolk paying £35,000 to £38,000 + Flexible working hours and package.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking for a role that is different every day. As the Health and Safety Manager you will be part of a great working team environment with a role that is unbelievably diverse with opportunity to progress and most of all develop within Health and Safety.
As the Health and Safety Manager your responsibilities will include:
- To implement and develop the Local Authorities Health and Safety policy.
- To investigate related incidents, prepare reports and recommendations on corrective action and ensure compliance. Bring issues to the attention of Councillors, Directors, Health & Safety Management Group and Safety Committee where necessary.
- Prepare regular reports to Councillors and management on the all Health & Safety issues currently affecting the Council.
- Carry out audits of service areas, departments, contractors or consultants and produce findings for implementing improvements where required.
The ideal Health and Safety Manager Candidate will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma and or Equivalent
- Wide experience across multiple Safety environments
- Management experience working within a Local Authority / Public Sector organisation
- Ability to develop and implement effective strategies, policies and procedures
If you are interested in this position, please reply to this email with a copy of your updated CV or apply ASAP.
Due to a high volume of applications we cannot call every applicant but if your CV matches the above criteria you will receive a call. If you are not successful for this position, we will ensure to email you with other opportunities you may be suitable for.