Health and Safety Manager required to join a leading Manufacturing organisation based North of Leicester. This is an incredible opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to work in both a strategic and hands on role.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving company safety policy, and continually improving awareness of Health and Safety to create a positive and safe working environment across the site.
The appointed Health, Safety and Environment Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of HSE
- Engaging with all levels of the workforce to create and develop a positive Health and Safety culture
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice
- Working with existing policies and procedures and creating a strategy to review and currently enhance what is already in place
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous H&S experience within a heavy industry environment; Transport, logistics, distribution, manufacturing or similar
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum qualification
- Be a passionate health and safety professional
- Be an excellent communicator, who engages well with all levels of a work force and who ideally has previous experience with behavioural safety and creating positive working environments
In return the salary for this Health and Safety Manager position is paying up to £45k, plus pension and 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays and healthcare. We have interview slots available for August, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.