Health and Safety Manager required to join a market leading utilities service provider based near Welwyn Garden City.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to join a nationally renowned organisation which hold an impeccable reputation for quality and innovation. As an industry leader, they are a pivotal part of ground breaking projects which will scope the infrastructure of the UK over the coming years. Reporting directly to the Senior Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for providing health, safety and environmental support and guidance to the operations team.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will lead the operations team in identifying the causes of any weaknesses and put into place actions that will improve performance.
The appointed Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Investigating complex incidents, identifying their root causes and actions to prevent recurrence
- Writing and implementing clear and concise procedures and guidance documents for large scale important projects
- Adding value through sound advice and engagement
- Keeping the organisation abreast of legislation, developments and best practices
- Giving detailed training on Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality topics and procedures
- Promoting and demonstrating a consistently high Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality ethic
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Tech IOSH membership or similar
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- A full, current driving licence
- Technical knowledge backed by demonstrable experience of implementation.
- Previous experience in utilities, groundworks or civil engineering
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, and the ability to work at all levels of business
- Auditing experience to current versions of ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
In return the salary is £50k - £55k + car or car allowance + pension + life insurance and 24 days holiday.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.