Health and Safety Manager
This is an incredible opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to join a manufacturing company to be based out of their site in Tamworth, Warwickshire. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and profitable organisation who are part of a large American group.
This position offers the successful candidate the chance to work in a hands-on role, and the benefit of being able to make the role their own.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for driving company safety policy, improving awareness of health and safety and continuing to create a positive and safe working environment, across a high-risk manufacturing site. You will also benefit from having responsibility for a second smaller site based in Telford and travel once a week will be required.
The appointed Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of health and safety on-site
- Engaging with all levels of the workforce to continue to develop a positive safety culture
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice health and safety
- Working to develop and continually improve existing policies, procedures and systems
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous health and safety experience within a manufacturing environment
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) as a minimum qualification
- Be a passionate health and safety professional, who enjoys working in a hands-on role
- Be an excellent communicator, who engages well with all levels of a work force
- Ideally have experience with recognised management systems (OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 or ISO 9001)
In return the salary for this Health and Safety Manager position is paying between £45-40k, plus a 3% pension, 3 x Death in Service scheme, Bupa health care (family included) and 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays.
We have interview slots available shortly, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this this excellent opportunity.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.