Health and Safety Manager
This is an incredible opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to join a leading marine and distribution company based in Bristol.
This position offers the successful candidate the chance to work in both a strategic and hands on role, benefiting from the chance to make the role their own.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for driving company safety policy, improving awareness of health and safety and continuing to create a positive and safe working environment, across a large scale, challenging site. This is a unique opportunity to work in a varied and fast paced environment, where no two days will be the same!
The appointed Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of health and safety on-site
- Engaging with all levels of the workforce to continue to develop a positive safety culture
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice health and safety
- Working to develop and continually improve existing policies, procedures and systems
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous health and safety experience within a heavy industry environment
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma as a minimum qualification
- Be a passionate health and safety professional, who enjoys working in a hands-on role
- Be an excellent communicator, who engages well with all levels of a work force
- Ideally have experience with recognised management systems (OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 or ISO 9001)
In return the salary for this Health and Safety Manager position is between £45-55k, plus a generous pension paying up to 8%, profit share scheme, 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an early finish Friday.
We have interview slots available shortly, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.