Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager required to join a leading transport and logistics company based near Rochester, Kent.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to work in both a strategic and hands on role and offers the successful candidate the chance to work autonomously with responsibility for 5 UK based sites.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving company safety policy, and continually improving awareness of health and safety to create a positive and safe working environment, across 5 sites.
The appointed Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining safety standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of health and safety
- Assessing and setting strategy for the business across 5 UK sites
- Engaging with all levels of the workforce to create and develop a positive health and safety culture
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice health and safety
- Working with existing policies and procedures and creating a strategy to review and currently enhance what is already in place
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous H&S experience within a heavy industry environment; Transport, logistics, distribution, manufacturing or similar
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum qualification
- Be a passionate health and safety professional
- Be an excellent communicator, who engages well with all levels of a work force and who ideally has previous experience with behavioural safety and creating positive working environments
- Be happy to travel as part of your role
In return the salary for this Health and Safety Manager position is between £40-45k, plus £5k car allowance and mileage, pension up to 5%, and 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays.
Interview slots are available on the 6th and 7th February, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.