Health and Safety Manager to join a public sector organisation based in North Wales.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that makes a difference. As the Health and Safety Manager you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to really develop within an unbelievably varied role and ultimately develop your career within Health and Safety.
As the Health and Safety Manager your responsibilities will include:
- To formulate, develop and review safety policies and procedures
- To monitor the cause of accidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses, with the option to intervene in the investigation of those incidents and make recommendations or give instructions, as appropriate, to prevent re-occurrence.
- As sole budget-holder, to be responsible for the budget funds and requirements of the Health & Safety Unit
- Provide reports as required by the Head of Health and Safety and work with Heads of Site and other Senior Managers to ensure improvement actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- To ensure the monitoring and auditing of those systems, etc., with the co-operation and assistance of Divisions and Departments, or through the services of external providers
The ideal Health and Safety Manager will have:
- a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH General Certificate with 5 years relevant experience within a large multi-disciplined organisation)
- 3 years’ experience within a large multi-disciplined organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Police, Local Authority, Education, Consultancy and Emergency Response Services)
- a combination of operational and strategic Health and Safety experience.
- Multi-site experience
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £34,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.