Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established Facilities Management organisation based in Essex.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to work within an organisation that is rapidly expanding. As the Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for the Shared Services arm of the business, you will be required to work in coordination with the Health and Safety Manager for the Integrated Services to ensure compliance throughout the organisation.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is an opportunity to head up Health and Safety within an organisations Shared Services arm that is rapidly expanding with exciting plans of expansion over the next three years
- My client understands the importance of progression within their staff and fully support any relevant CPD that is required/desired by their employees
- This role gives you the opportunity to be out and about around a variety of sites across the UK meeting a new people and offers the autonomy to manage your own diary
As the Health and Safety Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Senior Management with implementation of the strategic direction for Health, Safety and Risk Management of Integrated Services.
- Reporting to Group HR Director and keeping the Operations Director and Senior Management updated in all related matters and performance
- Developing specific policies in cooperation with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the organisation is legally compliant, review and revise risk assessments and method statements
- Managing and controlling the Health, Safety and Risk management and insurance budget needs for the organisation to ensure that spend is prioritised and within budgetary provision
The ideal Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate with 3 - 5 years’ relevant Health and Safety experience)
- BIFM membership highly desirable (any relevant FM qualifications desirable)
- Demonstrable experience in managing Health and Safety within a large multi-disciplined organisation (open to backgrounds with a preference for Facilities Management, Retail, Maintenance and Hard Services)
- An outgoing and approachable personality with a solution focused, commercial mind-set
- A full UK valid Driving Licence
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £50,000 plus benefits package worth up to £6,000
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.
Ref: 22905 | Published: 09 May 2017