Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established educational organisation based in London.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a prestigious educational organisation that attracts highly talented students. As the Health and Safety Manager you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to really develop as a Health and Safety practitioner.
As the Health and Safety Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Review all organisations H&S Policies and Procedures no less than annually and make recommendations for improvement.
- Provide advice and support to the maintenance and facilities teams to ensure all statutory servicing and maintenance within their operations is carried out.
- Ensure the effective management of all other statutory requirements including the organisations asbestos management plan, Legionella Risk Assessments, COSHH records etc.
- To have an understanding of CDM Regulations and their application to building and refurbishment projects.
- Provide training for maintenance and facilities staff covering, evacuation, procedures, use of fire extinguishers, use of evacuation chair and manual handling.
The ideal Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (Ideally NVQ level 5 / NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety)
- Educated to degree level (will consider exceptional candidate with exceptional communication skills)
- 3 years’ experience within a large multi-disciplined organisation (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Local Authority, Events, leisure and Consultancy)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality and most importantly a solution focused practitioner
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £40,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.