Health and Safety Manager
This is an incredible opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established engineering company at their site in Ellesmere Port.
This position offers the successful candidate the chance to work in both a strategic and hands on role, benefiting from the chance to work within a well-structured organisation, with an outstanding reputation in their field.
Reporting to the Director the successful candidate will be responsible for driving company safety policy, continually improving awareness of Health and Safety and driving a positive and safe working environment, across a challenging site. This is a unique opportunity to work in a varied environment, where no two days will be the same!
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You will have the opportunity to work within a driven and motivated organisation, striving for best practice HSEQ
- You will have the chance to develop with an expanding company who have an excellent reputation within the industry
- You will benefit from operating in a hands-on and autonomous role
- You will receive a thorough handover period, to ensure you have an excellent start with the organisation
The appointed Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of health and safety on-site
- Engaging with all levels of the workforce to continue to develop a positive safety culture
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice health and safety
- Working to develop and continually improve existing policies, procedures and management systems
- Striving for best practice HSEQ to ensure current awards and accreditations are maintained
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous health and safety experience within a heavy industry environment
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) as a minimum qualification
- Be a passionate health and safety professional, who enjoys working in a hands-on role
- Be an excellent communicator, who engages well with all levels of a work force
- Have experience with recognised management systems (HSG65, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 or ISO 9001)
- Have experience with behavioural safety and working towards improving culture on a high-risk site
In return, the salary for this Health and Safety Managers position is paying between £38-42k, plus pension scheme of up to 5%, and a generous 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and the benefit of flexi-time.
Interviews are available shortly, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this unique opportunity.
Please note that regrettably due to a high volume of interest in the role we are unable to contact unsuccessful applications.