Health and Safety Manager
This is an incredible opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established and leading marine and distribution operation based in Kent.
This position offers the successful candidate the chance to work in both a strategic and hands on role, benefiting from the chance to work within a well-structured and committed team and really make a difference on this large and challenging site.
Reporting to the Head Safety and Environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving company safety policies, improving awareness of health and safety and continuing to create a positive and safe working culture. This is a unique opportunity to work in a varied and fast paced environment, where no two days will be the same!
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You will have the opportunity to work within a driven and motivated team, striving for best practice in Health and Safety
- You will have the chance to grow with a company who already have an excellent reputation within the industry
- You will benefit from operating in a hands-on role, working autonomously and managing your own diary.
- There is an excellent chance of progression, and you will be supported and developed by the organisation who are genuinely committed to CPD
- You will benefit from working with an innovative Head of Safety and Environment who embraces new ideas and promotes change
The appointed Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of health and safety on-site
- Engaging with all levels of the workforce to continue to develop a positive safety culture
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice health and safety
- Working to develop and continually improve existing policies, procedures and systems
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous health and safety experience within a heavy industry environment
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) as a minimum qualification
- Be a passionate health and safety professional, who enjoys working in a hands-on role
- Be an excellent communicator, who engages well with all levels of a work force
- Ideally have experience with recognised management systems (OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 or ISO 9001)
- Have experience with behavioural safety and working towards improving culture on a large and challenging site
In return, the salary for this Health and Safety Manager’s position is paying circa £55K, plus a generous pension scheme, discretionary bonus, AXA healthcare, and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Interviews are available shortly, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this exclusive opportunity.
Please note that regrettably, due to a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications.