Health and Safety Manager
A rare, newly created opportunity has arisen for a Health and Safety Manager within an incredibly reputable Utilities organisation. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been chosen to exclusively assist our prestigious client in order to find them an incredible Manager for their SHEQ team.
The nationally recognised organisation has a reputation for excellence. As a sought-after employer, this is a unique opening within the senior team. This excellent position will enhance the successful candidates career, and will fulfil a strategic approach to overseeing two Health and Safety Advisor’s across the department and influencing colleagues across the wider team. The organisation offers a competitive salary and generous package, with a focus on work-life balance and continuous progression.
Reporting to the Head of Safety, the primary function of the Health and Safety Manager is to plan and implement strategies whilst building incredible relationships with other business’s on site. Working in a flexible environment, the successful Health and Safety Manager will enjoy autonomy and variety across their working week, based predominantly in their office where you have a choice of choosing your closest location which will either be based in South London, Kingston or East London. This is a multi-site position, with some travel required to other operational sites south of the river with a split between 80% office based and 20% site based.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Planning and implementing strategies
- Championing change management and innovation of projects
- Liaising with the clients team directly
- Working with six other contractors
- Building relationships with site teams
- Understanding and implementing the clients strategy
The ideal individual will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (essential)
- Have previous management experience (essential)
- Have experience within utilities, water, civil engineering, electricity, cable lying, street works or prestigious construction projects experience (essential)
- Be a member of IOSH (beneficial but not essential)
The industry leading salary package includes a basic salary of £50,000 - £60,000 dependent upon experience. In addition, the organisation offers £510 per month car allowance, discretionary yearly bonus which equals up to two months of the paid annual salary, 3-5% contribution pension and 25 days of annual leave.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please reply now to register your interest in the role. First stage interviews will commence week beginning 25th September.
Regrettably we are unable to contact unsuitable applications.