Health and Safety Manager required to join a well-established charitable organisation based in London (ability to work from home with travel around once / twice a month in to the London office).
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that makes a real difference to not only individuals throughout the United Kingdom but ultimately contributing to Worldwide problem.
As the Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for over 600 retail shops, working within a cohesive and supportive team.
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an opportunity join an organisation that is well renowned in its space with an overall goal of making a real difference to those in need. This organisation offers an extremely diverse role with a variety of multisite travel and a real sense of autonomy in the way you want to manage safety with also the opportunity to work from home.
As the Health and Safety Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the department in the delivery of the retail business plan, as an expert advisor on all health, safety and fire related matters that occur on a daily basis. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of the annual health and safety plan, to support continued improvement and needed cultural change.
- Working with the separate central health and safety team to drive organisational culture and providing assurance to the executive board.
- Leading the development of the trading health and safety strategy and acting as the competent person in accordance with management of health and safety at work regulations 1999
- Monitoring, developing and maintaining the Health and Safety Management Systems across the trading, ensuring it remains appropriate and effective for needs of both the department and the wider organisation.
The ideal Health and Safety Manager will have:
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety qualification (Degree within Occupational Health and Safety is desirable / NEBOSH General Certificate with extensive relevant experience)
- A Graduate membership status with IOSH as a minimum (Ideally CMIOSH)
- A Level 3 Fire Safety qualification (desirable but non essential)
- Experience within a Retail or multi-site organisation
- A proven track record of managing and delivering a Health and Safety plan
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £45,000 plus benefits package.