I am currently seeking Health and Safety Manager to join a well-established Emergency Services organisation based in Bristol on a 1-year fixed term contract.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within a multi-disciplined organisation that makes a significant difference for those in need. As the Health and Safety Manager you will report in to the Director of Corporate Services and will be working on a strategic level, advising on operations and policies to ensure the highest level of standards the emergency services work towards are met.
Why this is a great opportunity:
You will be part of a great team environment within a role that is extremely diverse with the opportunity to work on the front line of a wide range of emergencies and ultimately develop your career within Health and Safety. It offers flexible working hours and allows the competent manager to have a real sense of autonomy within a gorgeous head office environment.
As the Health and Safety Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and reviewing health & safety policies and procedures to ensure the Service continues to comply with legislative requirements and best practice. Completing risk assessments and implementing practical and effective measures to ensure a safe working environment. Recommending solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Developing and implementing a robust health and safety management system, including risk assessments, policies and procedures and safe systems of work. Monitoring and reviewing the management system and carrying out periodic audits and inspections to ensure its effectiveness, making improvements as necessary.
- Representing the organisation in matters of health and safety at internal or external meetings and forums as required.
- Preparing reports, briefings and training interventions as necessary in response to health and safety matters and / or training needs requirements.
The ideal Health and Safety Manager will have:
- A NEBOSH Diploma (a degree or postgraduate qualification or higher in Occupational Health and Safety, Law or equivalent.)
- Proven experience in managing a health and safety team including motivating and developing staff, delegating, target setting and performance review.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of health and safety law, its interpretation and application, and how legislation is enforced in the UK.
- The ability to develop and implement effective strategies, policies and procedures
- A current full driving licence
- 4 years’ experience within a full-time Health and Safety role (or equivalent)
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £45k + 26 days of annual leave + flexible working hours in addition to other benefits.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.