Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for a celebrated and renowned organisation known throughout the world. They have an incredibly exciting and rewarding position for a Health and Safety Manager to join one of the biggest manufacturing sites within Europe.
This position will offer the successful candidate a challenging but rewarding opportunity to continually develop the health and safety cultures in a target driven environment with the workforce having their own health and safety targets to hit! With incredible support from the top-level management in promoting health and safety cultures, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
The successful Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Site Services Manager, who, having previously executed the role themselves, has excellent knowledge and guidance to provide to help you excel within this role!
Taking responsibility for the operational health and safety on site, no two days will be the same! the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and safety queries and concerns and work with an already pro-active workforce to achieve world class standards in Health and Safety. This significant but hugely positive venture will include supporting teams to hit their KPI’s in terms of health and safety, managing the risks on site and ensuring behavioural health and safety is of a superior level and utilising your skills and knowledge to be a personal influence on the shop floor.
The Key Health and Safety duties for this extraordinary opportunity include:
- Carrying out operational Health and Safety and being a visible influence on the shop floor, providing advice and guidance on HS related matters.
- Managing key risks – ensuring machinery is fit for purpose and the workforce are behaving in a safe manner.
- Help to continue to implement the “Culture Change Program” which has been successfully running for 5 years and continuously look for ways to improve upon it.
- Help to maintain their outstandingly low accident rates, through continuously promoting and ensuring pro-active behaviour
- Encourage and influence the workforce to continually hit and beat their Health and Safety related KPI’s
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Manufacturing sector.
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Demonstrable experience in improving and implementing Health, Safety policies and procedures
- FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) experience ideally, although this is not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tangible evidence of previously improving Health and Safety cultures on site.
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.