Health and Safety Manager
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting role for a Health and Safety Manager to join a highly reputable Logistics and Distribution organisation within the North of the UK.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work on a very autonomous basis, running your own diary and managing your working week how you see fit. The position is home based with travel to various sites within the north of the UK, creating excellent variation within your working week.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Head of QHSE. Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the Health and Safety function across the various sites, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health, Safety and Environmental queries and concerns, working to encourage pro-active health and safety behaviours. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include coaching and advising ‘Site Excellence Managers’, maintaining good working relationships with clients and the workforce and managing any changes needed through business requirements.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Linking in with company Gap Analysis to ascertain areas for HS development across the sites both in the short term and longer term.
- Improving the health and safety cultures to help reach standards of excellence throughout the company
- Managing any changes necessary through business needs in terms of health and safety.
- Providing leadership and expertise to members of staff on the various sites, ensuring people are behaving in a safe manner.
- Creating incentives and initiatives to improve behavioural safety.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Logistics/Distribution sector
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Have the ability to influence and encourage pro-active behaviours to improve the overall health and safety culture.
- Have had previous experience in a management position and/or working at a strategic level in the management of health and safety.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. The successful applicant will receive a salary between £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience and benefits which include; pension, 25 days holiday pa, company car, BUPA, childcare vouchers, personal accident scheme and employee discounts. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today!