Health and Safety Manager - £40,000 to £47,000 + Car Allowance – Peterborough – Retail
Principal People are delighted to have been exclusively retained by well-respected and leading retailer who supply products, equipment and services to some of the UKs largest and well-known businesses.
The company has recently been heavily invested in to, which means that it is a fantastic time to join a business.
With a renewed focus on Health and Safety and Fire Safety within the business, this is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate Health and Safety Manager to take pride in the business and take control of the Health and Safety support that is offered throughout the business.
You will be the trusted expert in relation to all safety matters and you will get to know all members of the business – from the warehouse staff to the Directors and your opinion will be respected and listened to.
The role will be a mixture of office working in Peterborough and taking some trips to the company’s old and new warehouses within 1.5 hours of the head office.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- When you join the company, you will be required initially to review the company’s current policies and procedures and advise the business on any changes that you recommend moving forward
- Initially understand the company’s highest areas of risk, previous incidents and future business plans to understand how you can help shape safety procedures
- Ensuring the company are compliant with regards to Health and Safety and Fire Safety, aligning the business with any changes in legislation
- Ensuring that any contractors are compliant with the companies Health and Safety procedures, building relationships in the process
- Producing reports for the Senior Management Team and generally updating key stakeholders on Health and Safety Matters
The successful Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- NEBOSH Diploma / GradIOSH / CMIOSH ideally
- NEBOSH General Certificate with clear demonstrable experience in Retail / Warehousing / Logistics / Transport
- A full UK driving license
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. The successful applicant will receive a salary between £40,000 - £47,000 plus car allowance and package depending on experience.