Health and Safety Manager - £45k-55K (depending on experience) plus extensive package based near Cardiff
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created Health and Safety Manager position to join a highly reputable up and coming Utilities organisation based near Cardiff and covering multiple sites throughout the UK.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop new standards for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Health and Safety function within the business. This is an amazing opportunity to join a high performing business, with unlimited opportunities to develop your career at a truly exciting time for the company who are continually achieving new contracts and projects.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development of Health and Safety, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of Health and Safety across the business.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will be reporting into the Head of Compliance and hold the following key responsibilities:
- Undertaking a Gap Analysis to ascertain areas for Health and Safety development across the business both in the short term and longer term.
- Creating and reviewing risk assessments and method statements
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
- Reviewing and creating the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Conducting regular site visits, inspections and audits on a multiple site basis
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Experience working within Utilities, Power, Construction or Civil Engineering sectors
- NEBOSH General or NEBOSH Construction certificate or equivalent as a minimum
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare position and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
Our client is open to seeing candidates with a varied level of experience of Health and Safety within Utilities, Power, Construction or Civil Engineering sectors.
In return the salary is £45-£55k + company car or car lease scheme + pension scheme + discretionary bonus.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.