Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join a highly reputable Manufacturing organisation within the Cambridge area.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop a new Health and Safety Intranet for the organisation, which will help bring the health and safety into the 21st century!
The successful Health, Safety, and Environmental Manager will have responsibility for two sites, one of which will require visiting once monthly. Reporting into the Manufacturing Director and HR Director, you will be taking responsibility for the strategic and operational development of the HSE function within the business, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health, Safety and Environmental queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing what is already in place and continually improving upon it.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Developing and maintaining the management systems already in place
- Being an integral part of developing the online health and safety platform
- Reviewing risk assessments and method statements
- Reporting monthly on accident and near misses
- Attending health and safety committee meetings
- Making sure all training and compliance are up to date for staff, providing training and guidance as and when needed.
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will have:
- Experience within the Manufacturing sector, ideally within food manufacturing
- A NEBOSH General Certificate
- Excellent evidence of being able to improve a health and safety culture within a business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to be able to influence at all levels of a business and engage with a workforce.
This is an incredible opportunity to work for a forward-thinking and growing business offering an excellent base salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience and generous benefits package to match. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.