Principal People are delighted to be recruiting an incredibly exciting career opportunity within a newly created role for a Health and Safety Manager, to join a well-established and thriving construction and property development company based in Warrington with some travel to other areas within the UK.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in an extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for the overall Heath and Safety on a day to day basis and when new projects arise, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards Health and Safety standards. In return our client can offer you the chance to put your own individual stamp on this role.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Head of Health and Safety.
Taking responsibility for the operational health and safety for the company’s manufacturing side, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns within manufacturing and implement policies and procedures. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working to continuously improve the Health and Safety culture and behaviours
- Implementing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations.
- Providing expertise to all operational members across the site on all health and safety matters, acting as the point of contact.
- Learning and understanding the company’s unique and innovated approach towards what they produce and how to conduct health and safety.
- Ensuring identification and compliance to all applicable statutory requirements
- Working with state of the art equipment on a brand-new site and producing risk assessments and safe systems of work around this.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within a manufacturing or logistics company
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary between £35-£41k depending on qualifications and experience, with a benefits package including; holiday and pension.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.