Health and Safety Manager
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting role for a Health and Safety Manager to join a highly reputable Logistics and Distribution organisation covering the Midlands.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work on a very autonomous basis, running your own diary and managing your working week how you see fit. The position is based within Coventry with travel to additional sites.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Head of Health and Safety. Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the Health and Safety function across the various sites, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns, working to encourage pro-active health and safety behaviours. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include coaching and advising senior management, maintaining good working relationships throughout the workforce with the ability to influence at all levels of a business and managing any changes needed through business requirements.
Key responsibilities of this varying role include:
- Improving the health and safety culture to help reach standards of excellence throughout the company
- Managing any changes necessary through business needs in terms of health and safety.
- Working with the senior management team to encourage pro-active behaviours on site.
- Looking at the whole portfolio of sites and assessing where improvements could be made.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Logistics/Distribution or similar sector such as manufacturing
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health and Safety policies and procedures
- The ability to influence and encourage pro-active behaviours to improve the overall health and safety culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With excellent senior management interaction this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity to influence and make a difference. The successful applicant will receive a salary between £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience and benefits which include; pension, 25 days holiday pa and company car. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.