Principal People are thrilled to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and varied role for a Health and Safety Manager to join a leading specialised food manufacture organisation based near Salisbury.
This position will offer the successful Health and Safety Manager an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, and extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same! You will be responsible for the overall health and safety on a day to day basis and work on a range of new projects. You will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety. In return the client can offer fantastic career development opportunities and will endeavour to train and develop you to the best of your ability.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager, working closely with the operations team within the site.
Taking responsibility for the operational health and safety within a manufacturing environment, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns regarding this. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their safety and the safety of others. When new projects arise, you will oversee the implementation of new policies and procedures across the site.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Reviewing and conducting risk assessments
- Work to continuously improve the Health and Safety culture and behaviours
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations.
- Working closely with the business insurance provided to migrate any potential loss.
- Ensuring identification and compliance to all applicable statutory requirements
- Maintaining ISO 18001 international standards.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will hold:
Experience within Manufacturing or similar industry:
- NEBOSH General Certification in Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with working with ISO 18001 international standards although not essential
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary between £40-45K depending on qualifications and experience, with a generous benefits package including; 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, discretionary bonus, contributory pension scheme matching up to 6% and private health care service.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be 40000contacted for this role.