Principal People are thrilled to offer a unique chance for an aspiring and driven Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager, seeking a fresh opportunity within an industry leading organisation.
The business is able to offer an incredibly varied role and a rare opportunity to really develop the health and safety culture within the business and make an impact. You will report directly into the board and work alongside management who have all been put through courses to develop their understanding of health and safety.
Initially, you will be working on a very operational basis, using your influencing skills to obtain a better buy in from the operational workforce. You will manage 2 Health and Safety Officers who will then continue to nurture the pro-active behaviours operationally whilst you develop the overall health and safety strategy for the company.
The best bits:
- Working within a company that are industry leading, helping them to achieve excellent standards of health and safety!
- A fresh challenge; there is a lot of scope to make improvements and changes!
- Health and Safety is high on the agenda! You report directly into one of the directors who champions health and safety and wants to make a difference within the company. You will also have the unique opportunity of working alongside management who have all been trained further in health and safety, to aid and assist you in achieving an excellent culture!
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Basic salary of up to £45K, dependent on experience and qualifications
- Aftermarket Bonus Scheme – up to 5% of salary
- 25 days holidays (185 hours as we work in hours)
- Hours are Monday-Thursday 0800-1630 and Fridays 0800 – 1300
- ADL Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Axa Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work
- Discounts such as Vodafone, Halfords, Enterprise and PureGym
If you are interested, please apply if you:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma ideally, however for exceptional candidates the NEBOSH General Certificate will be considered.
- Have experience of providing Health and Safety in a manufacturing/automotive /engineering background
- Have experience in a management position within health and safety, ideally having managed a team.
- Have experience in a health and safety specific role for a minimum of 5 years.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor a message and communicate effectively with a range of external clients and key stakeholders.
If this opportunity could be of interest to you, then please apply today!
Please note, due high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.