Regional Health and Safety Manager
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting role for a Regional Health and Safety Business Manager to join a global leading Logistics and Distribution organisation covering the Midlands.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work on a very autonomous basis, running your own diary and managing your working week how you see fit, also having the opportunity to work from home. The position is based from home but the ideal location for the successful individual would be in the Warwickshire / Leicestershire area due to the travel required to other sites.
The successful Regional Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Health and Safety Director. Taking responsibility for the development of the Health and Safety function across various sites, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns, working to encourage and influence pro-active health and safety behaviours. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include coaching and advising senior management and General Managers onsite and maintaining good working relationships throughout the workforce with the ability to influence at all levels of a business, managing any changes needed through business requirements.
Key responsibilities of this varying role include:
- Improving the health and safety culture to help reach standards of excellence throughout the company
- Managing any changes necessary through business needs in terms of health and safety
- Working with the senior management team to encourage and influence pro-active behaviours on site
- Looking at the whole portfolio of sites and assessing where improvements could be made
- Reviewing risk assessments and method statements
- Aiding with the setting of strategy for each site
The successful Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Logistics/Distribution industry or similar sector such as manufacturing
- NEBOSH General in Occupational Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health and Safety policies and procedures
- The ability to influence and encourage pro-active behaviours to improve the overall health and safety culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You will need to pass the security residence, due to this you would have needed to have no criminal convictions.
With excellent senior management interaction this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity to influence and make a difference. The successful applicant will receive a salary between £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience and benefits which include; pension, 25 days holiday pa and company car. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.