Permanent – Health and Safety Manager – Bedfordshire
A fantastic opportunity for a Health and Safety Manager for an award-winning company in the Food Manufacturing industry has arisen. Principal People are currently recruiting for this exceptional opportunity offering the chance to put your own stamp on this role and develop your career in Health and Safety.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Site Director with a dotted line to the Head of Health and Safety. This is an exceptional prospect for a passionate Health and Safety Manager to become part of a high energy and highly profitable company which truly cares about their employees. This is an incredibly high-risk industry so is an extremely healthy challenge for anybody who is looking to develop their Health and Safety career.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Promote the highest level of awareness and compliance in all aspects of site Health and Safety.
- Deliver sustainable improvements to health and safety and help to develop a cultural change in the mindset of all employees.
- Reporting of accident statistics, RIDDOR reports as required and the review of near miss forms.
- Development and implementation of risk assessments, safe systems of work and manufacturing operating procedures.
- Carry out accident investigations, ensuring correct reporting and review and feedback on the quality of accident investigations.
- Supporting Managers in the implementation of health & safety toolkits, to promote a strong Health and Safety culture.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety Training.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivelent as a minimum
- Experience working within a food manufacturing company although not essential
- Possess experience working in a manufacturing environment
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offering a very attractive salary and benefits.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.