I am currently looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join a leading Education organisation based in Surrey.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Health and Safety Manager you will be part of a truly unique organisation that will test your ability to implement bespoke procedures and ultimately manage Safety in a solution focused way with a Senior Management team who are really bought in to Health and Safety. You will be the lead for Health and Safety and will be required to work on both an operational and strategic level, if you are looking for a varied role that does allows you to utilise your senior management experience along with your ability to engage with individuals at all levels this is the role for you. You will also have line management responsibilities and the autonomy required to work at this level through a flexible working arrangement and multi-site travel requirement.
As the Health and Safety Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a comprehensive Health and Safety advisory service to the organisation, Leadership Team, Managers and staff enabling all health and safety legal obligations to be met and best practice implemented.
- Being accountable for auditing and monitoring systems that ensure health and safety compliance e.g. Annual Health & Safety Action Plan, Risk Register, Planning Cycle etc.
- To liaise with the organisations HR Department and Library & Student Services on matters relating to staff and student health and wellbeing, including oversight of the health surveillance and air monitoring programme.
- To drive the health and safety agenda by providing information and leadership on health and safety topics to managers, head teachers and all levels of staff.
- Investigate all accidents and incidents reportable under RIDDOR and develop comprehensive plans to address any outcomes.
The ideal Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (NVQ level 5 / NCRQ Level 6 Diploma)
- Experience carrying out operational and strategic Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education / Creative Arts / Estates / Property Management / Local Gov)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who can engage staff and increase Health and Safety buy within the Education organisation
In return, the successful Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £53,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.