Currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join a Local Government organisation based near Cowley.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Health and Safety Manager you will be part of and cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to work within an unbelievably varied role that will ultimately develop and diversify your experience within Health and Safety on an extremely flexible basis.
As the Health and Safety and Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all the organisations services and partners are fully compliant with Health and Safety legislation, the organisations Health and Safety Policy and all locally agreed safety policies and advice. To ensure appropriate strategies, policies and plans are in place to deliver the overall compliance objective.
- Benchmarking and undertaking research into data, policies and best practice to develop and continuously improve the Housing Services Health and Safety Strategy, related policies and plans.
- Direct line management responsibility for a team of three Health and Safety staff members including recruitment, appraisal and performance monitoring. Maintaining discipline and good employee relations including consulting with trade union representatives as necessary.
- Budget management responsibility. Planning and reviewing allocated budgets in line with key priorities and spend agreed to ensure achievement of required outcomes.
The ideal Health and Safety Manager will have:
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (NVQ level 5 / NCRQ Level 6 Diploma) / Working towards with Senior Health and Safety Management experience.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation relating to building compliance (Asbestos, CDM, Legionella…).
- Experience of managing contractors and large-scale projects with an in-depth understanding of a normal project lifecycle.
- Experience of leading a team and the ability to drive and develop them moving forward.
- Experience of delivering policy/strategy with an ability to influence from the top.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Officer will be offered a salary of up to £51,000 + excellent package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.
Ref: 24678 | Published: 11 Apr 2019