Health and Safety Manager - Manufacturing – up to £45K – Lincoln
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and varied role for a Health and Safety Manager to join an industrial manufacturing company based near Lincoln
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, high energy environment, with no one day being the same. You will be responsible for the overall health and safety on a day to day basis on the Lincoln site with minimal travel to another site in South Yorkshire, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety and drive culture change, whilst being a part of dynamic and forward-thinking team.
Being the most senior point of contact for health and safety within the business, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns regarding this. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others, and working with the operational workforce and managers to take responsibility for their own safety and to achieve standards of excellence on site.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing the day to day health and safety on an operational basis.
- Driving culture change throughout the business, coming up with initiatives to influence behaviours.
- Analysing data and producing reports to relay to the Director on safety performance.
- Helping and advising with Health and Safety strategy and coming up with long term initiatives to improve the culture within the business.
- Interacting with and managing the workforce to be pro-active towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations and carrying out training and inductions.
- Take responsibility for the management systems across the two sites, carrying out audits as and when needed and making sure the sites are adhering to the standards.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Must have experience within an industrial manufacturing/engineering environment
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- 3 years + experience within an operational health and safety position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
With the opportunity to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.