Health and Safety Manager - Manufacturing – up to £40K – Norwich
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and varied role for a Health and Safety Manager to join a family run manufacturing company based near Norwich
This position will offer a great opportunity to develop your skillset through working in a fast paced and diverse environment, being responsible for the overall health and safety on a day to day basis. You will have the chance to work with people from all levels of the business and encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety, whilst being a part of a team who are committed to change and achieving excellent standards within health and safety.
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include putting fresh strategies and initiatives in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others, and working with the operational workforce and managers to take responsibility for their own safety and to achieve standards of excellence on site.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing the day to day health and safety on an operational basis.
- Carrying out a Gap Analysis initially to assess where the issues are
- Driving culture change throughout the business, coming up with initiatives to influence behaviours.
- Analysing data and producing reports to relay to the Board on safety performance.
- Helping and advising with Health and Safety strategy and coming up with long term initiatives to improve the culture within the business.
- Interacting with and managing the workforce to be pro-active towards their own health and safety, ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being adhered to.
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations and carrying out training and inductions.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Must have experience within a manufacturing environment
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- 3 years + experience within an operational health and safety position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
With the opportunity to really make a difference and take the health and safety culture to standards of excellence, this is truly an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.