We are currently seeking a Health and Safety Officer to join a well-established Local Authority offering a varied working environment, based in Edinburgh paying £27,000 to £33,000 + flexible working hours and package.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role in which no two days are the same. As the Health and Safety Officer you will be part of a great team environment within a role that is extremely diverse with opportunity to progress and most of all; develop your career within Health and Safety.
As the Health and Safety Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Senior Safety Advisor with the development of policies and procedures to comply with Health and Safety legislation.
- Investigating related incidents, preparing reports and recommendations on corrective action and ensure compliance.
- Assisting in the annual Health and Safety report for the council.
- Conducting audits of service areas, departments, contractors and consultants; producing findings for implementation where improvements are required.
The ideal Health and Safety Officer will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent).
- GradIOSH Membership
- Wide experience across multiple Safety environments.
- Experience working within a Local Authority / Public Sector organisation.
- Ability to assist in the development and implementation of effective strategies, policies and procedures.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online today or submit your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we will receive, we regret that we are unable to contact every applicant however if your CV matches the above criteria you will receive contact from one of our Principal People team.