Health and Safety Officer to join a well-established education organisation based in Burton-Upon-Trent, covering a range of sites throughout the UK.
Health and Safety Officer – Charity / Education - £25,000 - £30,000 – Burton-Upon-Trent
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established organisation, you will support the business in driving their safety culture forward.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Opportunity to work within a large and diverse organisation
- Fantastic team culture; committed to Health and Safety whilst enjoying a great work life balance
- A chance to work autonomously within a role that no two days are the same
- Opportunity to progress within the role and work for an organisation that is passionate about developing their employees through CPD
As the Health and Safety Officer you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and implementing Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Conducting site inspections, audits, risk assessments and providing general Health and Safety advice
- Writing reports and undertaking general administrative support to the care team
- Planning your own diary and prioritising work accordingly
The successful Health and Safety Officer will:
- Have practical working experience of relevant Health and Safety legislation, covering areas such as CoSHH, Construction, CDM, Management of Health & Safety, Manual Handling, Fire Safety, Control of Asbestos ect
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent qualification (NEBOSH Diploma / CDM qualifications desirable)
- Possess demonstrable experience of managing Health and Safety within an Education based environment (open to other relevant backgrounds/experience too)
In return, the successful Health and Safety Officer will be offered a salary between £25,000 to £30,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming week. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.