Health and Safety Officer
Health and Safety Officer required to join a Logistics company based near the Wigan area with a further 2 sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Health and Safety Officer to join an expanding organisation, who have an excellent reputation within their field. You will be responsible for implementing company strategy’s with a strong focus on coaching Operation Managers on the Safety policies and procedures and working with the team to promote a positive culture across the sites.
This role will offer the successful candidate the chance to work in a hands on capability, making the role their own. There is also the genuine opportunity to progress with this expanding and developing business.
The appointed Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for:
- Coaching and supporting personnel at all levels to improve the Health and Safety culture on the site
- Coaching the Operational Managers
- Monitoring Health and Safety performance, inspections and audits
- Implementing company-wide Health and Safety strategy across sites
The ideal candidate will possess:
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum qualification
- Health and Safety experience in Logistic, distribution, retail, manufacturing or a similar industry
- Excellent communication and engagement skills at all levels within the business
In return the position is paying between £28k-32K, Company Car or car allowance,5% pension match 25 days holiday and 25% discount on Very.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.