Health and Safety and Officer to join a well-established educational organisation based in Farnborough.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that makes a difference. As the Health and Safety and Officer you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to work within an unbelievably varied role that will ultimately develop and diversify your experience within Health and Safety.
As the Health and Safety and Officer your responsibilities will include:
- To act as the main professional advisor and coordinator for Health and Safety and Officer Issues, working closely with the Head of HR and Transformation, in developing the strategic direction and related objectives, to support and enable the College strategic planning. To be responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are compliant with legislation
- To act as the organisations Fire Officer and ensure that the College fully complies with the statutory fire regulations, and all other legal Health and Safety compliant requirements. Complete fire risk assessment and create and drive action plans.
- Managing and monitoring all Health and Safety standards identifying areas for improvement and appropriate solutions.
- To attend the organisations Health and Safety and Welfare Committee as a member of the senior management team.
- Develop and undertake risk assessments, monitor and advise others on risk assessments, maintain a database of risk records and ensure as far is reasonably practicable compliance to risk assess.
- The ideal Health and Safety Officer will have:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience carrying out operational Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity (Open to backgrounds with a preference for education sector experience)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner
- Any Fire Safety qualification and experience is desirable.
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager will be offered a salary of up to £33,000 + 40 days Holiday + LG Pension + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.