Health and Safety Officer
Health and Safety Officer required to join a well-established manufacturing company based near Chelmsford, Essex.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Health and Safety to join an expanding organisation, who have an excellent reputation within their field. You will be responsible for driving a positive change within health and safety across a high-risk manufacturing site.
This role will offer the successful candidate the chance to work in an autonomous hands-on capability, making the role their own.
The appointed Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for:
- Maintaining safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of health and safety on-site
- Engaging with all levels of the workforce to drive and develop a positive safety culture
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice health and safety
- Working to develop and continually improve existing policies, procedures
- Delivering toolbox talks and manual handling training
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous health and safety experience within a high-risk manufacturing environment
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) as a minimum qualification
- Be a passionate health and safety professional, who enjoys working in a hands-on role
- Be an excellent communicator, who engages well with all levels of a work force
Why work for this company?
- Support from the wider Safety, Health Environment and Quality team
- A real chance to work autonomously and make the role your own
- Future opportunities for development, mentoring more junior members of the team
In return, the position is paying between £30-35k, plus pension and annual leave allowance.
Please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.
Please note that regrettably due to a high volume of interest in the role we are unable to contact unsuccessful applications.