Health and Safety Officer - 28-34K plus company vehicle and package covering multiple sites in the South East
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for a newly created position as a Health and Safety Officer within a leading Utilities and Transportation organisation who are currently going through a period of rapid growth. The large organisation who are nationally renowned within their sectors have an ever growing portfolio and operate consistently to the highest standards of safety.
Working on a multiple site basis this position will offer the successful candidate excellent development and training opportunities. The successful Health and Safety Officer will be covering multiple sites in the South East and be commutable to London. The successful Health and Safety Officer will hold experience within Construction, Civil Engineering, Rail or Utilities sector. However, our client is also open to other industries and various experience levels.
Looking to add to their established team, the Health and Safety Officer will be reporting directly into the Health and Safety Manager and be responsible for site visits and inspections, site inductions, support and develop new Health and Safety initiatives.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
· Provide Health and Safety Advice as well as Toolbox talks on site.
· Regularly reviewing Health and Safety documentation
· Completing site visits & inspections
· Ensure construction phase plans and Health and Safety documentation is in place and being adhered to
· Carry out inductions
· Continually deliver and uphold to the high standard of Health and Safety within the organisation
The successful Health and Safety Officer will hold:
· Experience within the Construction, Civil Engineering, Rail or Utilities sectors
· Nebosh General certificate or equivalent
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our client is open to seeing candidates with a varied level of experience of Health and Safety within Construction, Civil Engineering, Rail or Utilities sector. However, our client is also open to other industries.
In return the salary is £28-£34k + company vehicle + Fuel Card + pension scheme + 21 days annual leave.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.